Straetus North America

Check Territory

A unique opportunity to work in a Business Support function with SME’s to provide professional ‘Receivables Management’ solutions.

Straetus provides SME’s with the ability to become more cash efficient and focus on the aspects of the business that they are expert in, allowing them to grow and become more profitable.
We provide a unique model in the franchise industry allowing franchisees to run a rewarding and profitable business with low start up costs that truly adds value to clients.

Working as a Straetus Debt Collector is an effective and hassle free way to run a business. Our software and support team take care of workflows, financial management and administration, allowing the franchisees to focus on building relationships with their clients and recovering their debt.

Started in 2009, Straetus developed into +15 countries and today we serve over 9000 clients. With this, Straetus is #1 in the industry! And by developing into the USA, it will stay #1!

The first and third party collection industry earned over $10.4 billion, claim your share!

By recovering tens of billions of dollars in delinquent consumer debt each year that would otherwise go uncollected, the third-party debt collection industry generates important benefits to the U.S. economy. In doing so, it employs more than 130,000 people and indirectly supports the employment of thousands more.

To develop a more complete picture of the economic importance of the third-party debt collection industry, ACA International (“ACA”), the trade association representing third-party debt collectors, commissioned Ernst & Young (“EY”) to conduct a survey to create a tangible overview of the economic impact provided by the industry:

  • Agencies recovered approximately $55.2 billion in total debt in 2013, on which they earned close to $10.4 billion in commissions and fees. Removing these agency earnings from the total debt recovered leaves nearly $44.9 billion in debt that agencies returned to creditors. The five states with the highest total debt collected are New York ($5.4 billion), Texas ($4.9 billion), California ($4.6 billion), Illinois ($2.9 billion) and Florida ($2.7 billion).
  • Early out debt, consisting of receivables that aged 90 days or less, represents 29% of all debt collected; bad debt, which accounts for the remaining 71%, consists of receivables aged 90 days or more.
  • Health care related debt (from hospitals, physician groups and clinics) is the leading debt category, accounting for nearly 38% of all debt collected in the industry. Student loan debt is next with more than a quarter of debt collected. Credit card debt makes up 10%, and other government, retail, telecom, utility, private student loans, mortgage, and other debt each make up less than 10 percent of debt collected.
  • There are more than 136,100 employees in the industry, including 130,200 paid employees and more than 5,900 agency owners, according to data from the U.S. Census Bureau. Including owners, there were more than 127,900 fulltime employees; there were also more than 6,600 part time employees and nearly 1,600 contract employees.
  • Besides the 136,100 people employed directly, U.S. debt collection agencies support the indirect and induced employment of more than 95,100 individuals in industries that sell goods and services to debt collection agencies and their employees. Considering both the direct and indirect economic impacts of the debt collection industry, the total employment impact on the U.S. is nearly 231,300 jobs with a total payroll impact of $12.4 billion.
  • U.S. debt collection agencies were estimated to directly contribute $724 million of federal tax, $400 million of state tax, and $287 million of local tax, for a combined tax impact of more than $1.4 billion. Taxes attributable to the operations of debt collection agencies employees, suppliers, and businesses that sell to employees total over $2.6 billion – approximately 10% of the estimated total economic impact of the debt collection industry. Of the $2.6 billion estimated total tax impact, 51% is estimated to be federal tax (corporate and individual income taxes) and 49% is estimated to be state and local taxes.


Featured Franchises

Basic Franchise Info

Average Investment: $55000 - $70000

Minimum Investment: $50000 - $70000

Min. Liquidity: 65000

Years in Business: 2009

Open Units:

In-House Financing: Yes

Lead Assist: Yes

Coaching: Yes

Request More Information on Straetus North America

Territory Check on

What is the best time to call you:
Morning Afternoon Evenings